Media Account Director
McCann Melbourne is one of the worlds most awarded creative agencies, known for consistently producing high quality, creative work that is recognised on the global stage. With around 180 agencies in 120 countries, McCann is also part of the The Interpublic Group of companies (IPG). We work on a wide range of projects for a mix of multinational and local clients including L’Oréal Paris, AGL, Metro Trains, Bendigo bank, Tiger Air and various Government portfolios.
We’re leading the way in the re-integration of media into creative agencies, enabling us to offer an increasing number of clients a full service alternative, and as a result we’re looking for a Media Account Director. This role suits an experienced media practitioner with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager to run with ideas and help carve out McCann’s integrated proposition, a better way of working, and better work.
As Media Account Director you will own the media planning functionality in conjunction with the Channel Strategist. This role within the agency is the crucial link between the client and account team, and the interface between the agency and our trading partners. This is a unique opportunity to get on board with a world class agency and deliver truly great ideas in partnership with some of the best brains in the business.
- Day to day media lead on key accounts ensuring we produce the best integrated response to client needs.
- Oversee use of agency IP and its application on client work.
- Assist and coach account teams on media in relation to client needs.
- General market analysis of existing and potential media opportunities and when required, involvement in the development of strategic and tactical plans.
- Implementation planning in response to client briefs, and in line with strategic recommendations.
- Management of and liaison with agency trading partners and media suppliers.
- Assist in delivering campaign metrics and development of campaign ROI.
Skills and Experience based competencies
- Strong media agency account management and planning experience (5+ years).
- Expertise in relevant media planning and measurement tools and resources.
- Understanding of traditional and digital media buying conventions and practices.
- Experience developing and presenting media responses to client.
- Strong understanding of the diversity of roles played by various media types and suppliers.
- Experience in leading organisations and teams through change.
- Solid media marketplace knowledge.
Key behavioural attributes
Some of the key behavioural attributes of the Media Account Director
- Problem solving.
- Active Listening.
- Strong and confident communicator.
- Innovative thinking.
- Analytical thinking.
If you think you have what it takes and are interested in joining the team at McCann, please send your CV to David Phillips – Strategy Director.
No recruiters please. We ask that at this stage, recruiters please refrain from sending candidates or making contact.