McCann Melbourne is looking for a Mid Weight Digital Designer to join its growing digital team. McCann Melbourne is one of the worlds most awarded creative agencies, known for consistently producing high quality, creative work that is recognised on the global stage. With around 180 agencies in 120 countries, McCann is also part of the The Interpublic Group of companies (IPG)
At McCann Melbourne you will work on a mix of wide range of digital projects for a mix of multinational and local clients including University of Melbourne, L’Oréal Paris Australia, AGL Energy, Metro Trains, Australian Unity, Tigerair and MIFF.
Reporting to the Digital Director you will work closely with our creative and account management teams to define and design a wide variety of projects. You will bring your passion for creativity and hunger for digital to one of the most creative agencies on the planet, to work on all aspects of the creative process including conceptualising, wire framing and designing everything from websites to apps and things the world hasn’t seen yet.
- Develop concepts and execute design across a variety of digital projects including websites, apps, eDM, online display media, various social media channels.
- Interpret creative concepts (rationales, scamps and/or wireframes).
- Understand and fulfill business requirements and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with client brand guidelines.
- Maintain an organised job filing system.
- In collaboration with producers organise workload to deliver projects on time.
- Liaise/present with key stakeholders.
Skills based competencies
The Digital Designer:
- Have 2+ years of digital experience working in an agency environment.
- Be familiar with Basecamp, Jira, WordPress, CRM platforms.
- An understanding of front end development.
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch skills.
- Experience in prototype and wireframe software such as Axure or Omnigraffle.
- Proven experience in responsive web and user interface design.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A natural design sense for layout, typography & animation.
- A stand out folio.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace team.
Key behavioral attributes
Some of the key behavioral attributes of the Digital Designer
- Innovative thinking
- Good communication
- Problem solving
- Prioritising of conflicting requirements
- ‘Intrapreneur’ – is innovative in what can be done to improve their immediate team and business unit
If you think you have what it takes and are interested in joining the digital team at McCann please send your CV and online portfolio to Tony Prysten – Digital Director.
No recruiters please: We ask that at this stage, recruiters please refrain from sending candidates or making contact.